“We are delighted to announce that we have been awarded a grant by the National Lottery Community Fund in recognition of the important role Worcester Street Cafe plays in supporting our Homeless and Vulnerable friends during the Covid-19 Pandemic. Despite some notable exceptions, Covid has had a dramatic impact on our ability to fundraise and this grant will go some way to filling that gap. The terms of the grant are quite specific so we really still need all our fabulous donors and volunteer cooks, but this will help us procure some kit to improve the food distribution facilities through the winter.
We are really proud that we have been recognised in this way and look forward to being able to use the grant to help support those in Worcester who need it most, but it wouldn’t have been possible without you – the people who continue to support us in all sorts of ways and who make this charity what it is.
So give yourselves a pat on the back and we’ll take a deep breath as we prepare for the cold months of winter, knowing what we do really does make a difference.”
Transforming lives in our community
What do we do?
Monday to Thursday from 18.00 to 18.30 we set up tables outside the Salvation Army on Trinity Street,
We serve hot or cold drinks, a freshly cooked meal, pudding and a goody bag.
We are always looking for donations of crisps individual biscuit bars, cans of pop or small cartons of juice so our service users can take them away.
We distribute warm clothing such as coats and socks. Most importantly we listen to our service users/ our friends who attend be they homeless, vulnerable, lonely or hungry.
We signpost to professional organisations who can further help and advise.
We are all volunteers and welcome anyone to come and see us in action from 6.00pm 6.30pm Monday to Thursday.
For only £5 we can feed one person a hot meal and pudding.
How you can help
If you would like to donate or help towards the daily running of our café and our work in supporting the homeless and vulnerable, this can be done by a few ways:
- Cooking us a main meal or a pudding – this must be enough to feed approximately 50 People. (this can be sponsored)
- Goody bags
- Fresh fruit
- We can fund ingredients.
- Each goody bag consists of a sandwich a bag of crisps and a chocolate bar.
- You would buy ingredients make them up at home and drop down to us at the Salvation Army on Trinity Street Worcester .. for 5.30pm.
- We are always looking for donations of crisps, individual biscuit bars, cans of pop or small cartons of juice so our service users can take them away.
- Once we have receipts we can refund or if you would like to Donate that would also be amazing
• Donations via our Amazon Wish List. You order items from our list and they get sent to our drop off address 20 Ombersley Street West, Droitwich, WR98HZ
• Cash donations to help with the running of the café and feeding our friends this can be done via bank transfer.
• Food Donations. long life milk. tea bags, coffee, hot chocolate, sugar and squash are always needed to supply our friends with drinks each evening.
Please Note: – We can’t accept donations of clothes at the moment due to covid -19
For general enquiries you can email us here – email@example.com